Oakbrook Finance Complaints procedure
- Where possible, we will attempt to resolve your complaint within 3 business days.
- If we are unable to do this, we will write to you within five working days of receiving your complaint to tell you what we have done to resolve the problem, or to acknowledge your complaint and let you know when you can expect a full response.
- We will attempt to conclude our investigation and write to you with our full response as quickly as possible. Depending on the nature of your complaint, we may not be able to resolve it as quickly as we would like to; if this is the case, we will keep you updated on our progress.
- We will issue our full response to your complaint within eight weeks from the date we received your complaint. If for some reason we are unable to provide our full response at this stage, we will write to you to explain why and to inform you of when we expect to be able to do so. We will always attempt to address your complaint fully, however, if you feel our response to your complaint does not do so, please let us know so we can understand if there is anything more we can do.
You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm),
free of charge, within 6 months of receiving our final response if you are dissatisfied with the outcome, or if we have not issued a final response within 8 weeks. Please note that the Ombudsman might not be able to consider
your complaint if:
- What you're complaining about happened more than six years ago, and you're complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have realised) that there was a problem.
- If you do not refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of the final response letter.
The Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint outside of the six month timeframe, though it may be able to do so in very limited circumstances. The very limited circumstances referred to include, where the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Whilst your complaint is investigated, we will be placing your account on hold until we have issued our final response; this means that you will not receive any collections contact from us during this time, nor will you incur any late payment charges while we investigate. Throughout this period we recommend that you maintain your monthly instalments so that your account remains up to date, as any outstanding arrears will be required after we issue a final response, unless no further payments are required by this stage.